Summer is officially here! June means patio season, pools and paws! As much as we love our four legged friends and want to give them plenty of exercise, we need to be cautious of the climbing warm temperatures. Below are some helpful summer tips to keep our pets calm, cool and collected this summer.
- Place the back of your hand on the pavement, if you can not hold it for five seconds, it’s too hot for your pet to walk on the surface
- Avoid walking on hot pavement and consider booties to insulate their toes
- Offer an ice pack or wet towel to lay on if your dog does not swim
- Early morning or evening playtimes, exercise and walks are best
- Replace portion of their regular diet with canned food
- Give your dog some homemade frozen treats
- Bring collapsible water dish on your walks
- Add ice cubes to the water dish
Our pet of the month, Jax, loves taking his morning and afternoon strolls around Midtown!